Is MetroFax safe?
From our review of 12 reputation, security, and policy factors, we conclude that MetroFax.com is a safe service to use.
Last reviewed/updated: 30 Mar 2023
People are always looking for information before they trust their sensitive information with an online service. They want to make sure that they are dealing with reputable businesses, and that their sensitive information they entrust the provider with will be kept safe.
Specifically, when asking "Is MetroFax safe?", we want to know the answers to several questions:
- What is this company's reputation?
- Will my fax communications through them remain private?
- Is the service reliable?
- Can I cancel my subscription without being held like a prisoner?
We're going to answer these questions by researching objective, third-party metrics.
Among other approaches, we'll summarize what people are saying about MetroFax online, what reviews it's getting, how much traffic it's getting from search engines, what the site's safety rating is, and more.
MetroFax Reputation and Safety Review
The company receives mixed scores across the following sites:
- Better Business Bureau Note: MetroFax is a company/service within the j2 Global group of companies, which includes efax. Under the Better Business Bureau site they are listed under "Ziff Davis".
- Consumer Affairs - The site does not have an independent entry for MetroFax, however, some reviews mention MetroFax specifically.
Complaints, where they exist, seem to be concentrated around their difficult cancellation policies. However, note that in some review sources it is difficult to separate reviews for eFax and for MetroFax due to their shared ownership.
The site scores consistently highly across the following security review sites:
No adverse findings.
MetroFax has a page dedicated to explaining how to cancel its service, where it makes clear that service can be cancelled from within the service's control panel OR by contacting them. That is, it is not compulsory to reach them in order to cancel service.