What is an online fax service?
There are three types ways to interact with internet fax services:
- Through a web page, similarly to how this service, faxbeep.com, works. Web-based faxing usually works for pay-per-use faxing or one-time faxing and is handy when you don't want to sign up for an account for a longer-term commitment.
- Through your email account - these are usually called email-to-fax and fax-to-email services. With this type of fax service, you must sign up and provide an email address, so the fax service provider knows who to expect emails from when sending faxes, and where to direct received faxes. Examples of such services are eFax and fax.plus.
- Through a developer API - these are intended for business applications that need to send faxes automatically and in bulk.
We'll only discuss the first option here.
What are the advantages of using an online fax service?
- Faxing with a web fax service is instant, much like sending an email. However, unlike sending email, when you send a fax over the internet it gets printed out on the receiving end rather than arriving in the recipient's inbox as a file attachment.
- Internet fax services allow you to track who has received your faxes.
- Internet fax services are secure. If you're sending sensitive information such as a contract or other business documents, this added security may be worth the extra money required to use a web fax service compared with accessing a public computer at a library or hotel business center where documents could potentially fall into the wrong hands.
What do I need to use an online fax service?
To send faxes through a web fax service, you simply need a computer and an internet connection.
How much does it cost to send faxes through an online fax service?
Pay-per-use fax services pricing can vary greatly. There are free services online for which you "pay" by allowing them to attach ads and branding to your fax. Others will generally cost the equivalent of a cup of coffee to fax a few pages domestically or internationally.
What is the difference between an email fax service and a web fax service?
The main difference is that with an internet fax service you use a simple web form, whereas with the email fax service you send your document to a specially-formatted email address, either as an attachment or in the body of the email.
You can use any device (computer, tablet or smartphone) to use either type of service. This makes it easy to send faxes from any location for free or at low cost.
How do I get started using an oinline fax service?
To start using faxbeep's faxing services , simply click the "Start faxing" button below. There's no need to create an account; you can just go ahead and fax your documents.